Friday, January 13, 2012
Blog 1
Completing High school does not always mean you are a successful writer. Many high school graduates still write at a low level, that is why English 101 is required. Personally, I am more than glad that it is mandatory, being one of the many graduates that still needs assistance to write essays at a college level. With so much technology use, we often write simple that we get use to it. That's when we scribble. Not many people remember the skills needed for a decent paper either. Same goes for our vocabulary. We don't try to use sophisticated words or even try to learn new words. A required english class helps us become better writers than we were before we took the class as well as extend our vocabulary. I am taking english 101 because, in my opinion, I don't have a college level vocabulary. I have trouble reading articles in newspapers, books, etc. all because I always have to stop and look up a word. Not only my vocabulary is low but my essays are horrible. My organization is not always correct and my grammar is also in NEED of help. I don't expect to be the greatest writer after this semester but I do want to see improvement. Becoming a good writer is not an option if you want to succeed in life. I want to write essays good enough a person that reads it can think I'm successful and someone in life but most importantly for my future. Nothing is perfect but why not try to make it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment